In order to fully enjoy your stay in Canada, without worrying about unforeseen events, it is strongly recommended that you have travel insurance.
Here are suggestions for consideration when looking for travel insurance:
- Learn about the scope of your coverage (individual, family, etc.);
- Request maximum coverage per individual for emergency medical care (health care is expensive in Canada, so it is recommended to have a minimum coverage of $1,000,000);
- Consider the age of the covered person. Some companies do not insure an individual from a certain age;
- Learn about limitations and exclusions regarding your age and health status;
- The amount of the excess to be paid in person in case of accident;
- Conditions of cancellation and interruption of the trip;
- Assistance and repatriation services.
Make sure you have your travel insurance voucher next to your passport at all times.