In order to make the most of your stay in Canada without being concerned about the unexpected, it is highly recommended to be covered by travel insurance.
We suggest that you consider the following when doing your research:
- The extent of your coverage (individual, family, etc.);
- The maximum covered per individual for emergency medical care (health care is expensive in Canada, it is recommended to have a minimum coverage of $1,000,000);
- The maximum age of the person covered. Some companies do not insure an individual from a certain age;
- Restrictions and exclusions in relation to your age and health;
- The amount of the deductible to be paid personally in the case of a claim;
- Travel cancellation and interruption conditions;
- Assistance and repatriation services.
Make sure you keep your proof of insurance with your passport at all times.